Monday, March 22, 2010

Deployment and Leave (R&R)

Nolen was deployed on September 30 2009. Such an emotional rollercoaster it has been, holy cow. Our first year of marriage and its spent apart. Even though we knew this was what we were getting into, I don’t think there was anything that could have prepared me for it!! WOW!! I think I’ve been pretty good about sending him boxes and letters, I’ve probably averaged one a month, which I don’t think is bad but I’m not the one away from home, he hasn’t complained though and when he does want something he just tells me. And...he actually sends me cards, boxes and i've even gottend flowers and then a surprise V-Day gift, i have such a great husband.

He came home for his R&R January 21-Feburary 6th. It was fun because Jan 21 was when I graduated from the GWC cosmetology program. I graduated at 10:30am and he flew in at 12:30pm to John Wayne. So much excitement for one day…after I clocked out we headed to the airport and then went to BJ’s to celebrate the days events. We hung out and visited his and my families before retiring for the night. The 2 weeks I had him was like heaven. We went to Disneyland, Las Vegas, the movies, shopping, a picnic…it was so much fun! It was what normal couples might take for granted, but not us. It was hard sending him back, but it made it easier knowing we were half way through. His deployment has been tough but looking back I guess it wasn’t all bad, we’ve almost made it through.


Cosmso Grad-1600hrs FINALLY!



Seeing Nolen for the first time in about 4 months






Disneyland



DCA



Picnic at Mile Sqaure Park

No comments:

Post a Comment