Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Relieved

Since me and Nolen have gotten married i have been worried about my CA cosmetology license since we will be moving to WA once he comes back from his deployment. It has actually been a huge stress, i have searched and searched and have found so many different answers to the questions i have. I finally looked to the military for help and was told that if i worked at the PX then my CA license would be good enough, however, they would take 50% of my earnings and i would be taxed on my half! So basically i would be working for nothing. I immedietly ran to my dad who always knows how to make me feel better (running to Nolen isnt really an option right now) and he was able to calm me down and help me see that for the time it wouldnt be bad, at least i would have a job and i, still semi upset, agreed. Once Nolen called me i told him what i had found out and about how stressful it was. Without asking him to, he went straight to the internet to do some research for me. He found a number to the WA cosmetology department. I was able to call them today and was told that as long as i can prove that i took and passed both a practical and written exam in CA i could recieve a WA license without having to re-examine. I was thrilled. It seems to easy because i have been searching and searching for an answer but i will trust that this is accurate. I have been working with Stephanie Wilde who is a fantastic stylist and who i have learned so much from. It was breaking me to think that once i moved to WA i would be doing military cuts without making much money. I love both my dad and my husband! They are THE most important guys in my life. They know how to handle my stress levels well. haha i guess moving to WA isnt looking soo bad anymore.

3 comments:

  1. that must be so stressful!! It will all work out though, and it'll be worth it in time. If you don't have to re-examine to get your WA license, doesn't that mean that you don't have to work for military? you could get a regular salon position?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome husband! (I already knew your dad was awesome.)

    I'm glad it's all working out for you.

    ReplyDelete