Monday, March 22, 2010

What i've got to look forward to...

So...today was fun, i got to practice being a mother AND a wife! On Mondays and Wednesdays i am a nanny for a 3 year old, we were trying to build a train track today which was very difficult to put together. The stupid thing wouldnt work and so the words "what the heck?" came out of my mouth. Immediatly Daniel (the little boy) said "yeah what the heck?" My head shot up and i said "Daniel, we dont say that" "but Lauren you do!" what a classic response. Before i could apologize to him and tell him what i said wasnt nice i first had to stop laughing. I love this little boy so much! he is so fun and i have watched him since he was about 6 months old so he is extra special to me. He made me realize how impressionable and delicate he is. And then when i got home i asked my mom what she had planned for dinner, she asked if i would make it, apparently mom is on a diet and each sister is taking a day to cook dinner. I went to the kitchen and cooked spaghetti and meatballs for 6...however when it was done, i was the only one that came to the table to eat. (everyone was still busy i guess)

Anyway today made me realize how quickly i will have to step up into these 2 roles because Nolen will be home in hopefully 4 months.

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you're already thinking about things that are gonna make you a better mom (although I have no doubt that you will be a fabulous mom when the time comes) Fortunately, they start off not being able to repeat what you say, or I would probably be in a lot of trouble.

    By the way I'm your first follower!

    ReplyDelete