Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Good Deed

Jerica is out of school for Spring Break and Tuesdays happen to be my day off so yesterday we were able to spend the day together and i had a blast. We went to Barnes and Noble (just to look) then to Jamba Juice and to Target. When we walked up to Target, with Jamba Juice in hand, we saw a homeless man in a wheelchair sitting out in the front of the store. My heart sank but i avoided eye contact with him. As we walked through the door we had a feeling of unspoken compassion for what we saw. We didnt go to Target for anything, just for fun. We walked up and down the isles and finally came to the food section. I grabbed and bag of Gold Fish and said told Jerica it was for the man outside, she said, "i'll grab the water". We spent a total of $2.50 on him. Its not a big deal but he was sooo grateful and appreciated our simple selfless gesture. What a great day! I got to spend it with my sister and do an act of service. I love my family sooo much! They are huge examples to me, from my dad all the way down to Elizabeth, they all are and im so glad that they are mine.

1 comment:

  1. So fun!!! I love days with my sisters. You do have a great family!

    ReplyDelete